USC Viterbi iPodia program is now accepting applications for the iPodia course in Fall 2020: ENGR 345 Principles and Practices of Global Innovations. The application requires a brief description of your interest in the course and a PDF copy of your resume. We look forward to receiving your application and building the competence and network for global innovation with you!
ENGR 345 Principles and Practices of Global Innovations is available to USC undergraduate students from all majors and schools as a 3-unit elective course. The course emphasizes the importance of cross-cultural interactions in developing innovative products and business ideas in our rapidly globalizing world. It will be taught by Dr. Stephen Lu, Professor of Industrial Systems Engineering and Computer Science, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering at USC.
In the course, you will be:
- Attending lectures that use videoconferencing technology to facilitate live interactions with classmates around the world.
- Participating the globally virtual teams to exchange perspectives and working collaboratively for innovative projects.
- Possibly joining a one-week educational trip abroad at one of the university partners after finals week at an additional cost. The trip will require an additional application for a selection, and scholarships may be available to some students.
The course will offer two sections on Thursdays: 8 – 10 AM and 7 – 9 PM. Please note that after Daylight Savings Time ends on November 5, the course time may be adjusted to start one hour earlier than the scheduled time.
A general syllabus of the course can be found here.
The iPodia Alliance includes the following university partners:
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani | India
- Korea Advance Institute of Science and Tech | South Korea
- National Autonomous University of Mexico | Mexico
- National Taiwan University | Taiwan
- Peking University | China
- Qatar University | Qatar
- RWTH Aachen University | Germany
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University | China
- Technion Israel Institute of Technology | Israel
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul | Brazil
- University of New South Wales, Sydney | Australia
- University of Patras | Greece
- Universidade de Sao Paulo | Brazil
- Florida A&M University (Fall 2020) | USA
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.